Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hey-About Chorus

Hey guys,

Hey. It's good to give you something other than politics for once. I think it's time to balance focuses, since I do not want this to be all about politics (I for one, have had it with Trump-why does he have a narrow lead ahead of Clinton?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Good god, sometimes anti-establishment people can get on my nerves...)...

I want you guys to know that I am at my school right now, and that I am waiting for 5 o'clock to roll around so that I can finally get to chorus. I am in the concert chorus, which is performing for their spring concert tomorrow. There are a lot of kids in that class, some of whom don't come everyday, they just come on only even or odd days in the cycle, but everyone shows up for the concert.

Our teacher, Ms. Maria Abeshouse...she can be picky at times. No wait, a lot of the time. She constantly stops us for singing in a particular way and to shape our vowels, she's a bit of a perfectionist, and has a pet peeve for anybody who shows up late past the bell.

I wake up early everyday to go there, and even though I sit down for a lot of the time (I don't know why)-She criticizes me for sitting down and not "joining us" (I do join the group-I apologize for my favors.).

So for the concert, we are doing a lot of songs that are in minor key, us concert chorus. For the guys, they sing this traditional Scottish ancient folk song called Loch Lomond. For us girls, we sing that song by that old folk duo (albeit with a different arrangement) Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water. All of us are doing an arrangement of Bohemian Rhapsody by that famous classic rock group Queen (the song came out in '75, and celebrated its 40th anniversary last year). Those are pretty much the only songs in major key that I can think of. There are two songs that we are doing from Mozart's incompleted Requiem (go listen to the soundtrack of that French Rock Musical about him, titled Mozart l'opera rock. Awesome, man.) called Dies Irae (which is really fast and it's about the..uh...day of judgement warning, but it's in Latin) and Lacrymosa (Also in latin, and also utilized in that awesome Evanescence song that's 10 years old called Lacrimosa).

Oh, and for those of you who grew up in or were teens/in college in the 80's, you may have heard of Annie Lennox before. She was the frontwoman of the group the Eurythmics. Why do I bring her up, you may ask? Well, we are doing a song by her (yep, she's had a pretty successful solo career that's still going strong) in a choral arrangement that's 2 years away from turning 15 years old, called A Thousand Beautiful Things. The senior girls all have singing parts of the female solo in the arrangement, as they take turns singing a phrase or two and then we chime in. I plan on checking out the original recording by Annie Lennox when I have time.

The Chamber Chorus are going before us, though, and they...honestly, I don't know what the hell they will be singing. Just have to wait and find out.

I'm waiting, so I'll have to go sometime to the auditorium soon to start the rehearsal. I sent an email to dad, so he knows.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a nice day and see ya soon! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment